100 Year Celebration
SAVE THE DATE!
May 5-6, 2023
Register Today... Don't wait, we anticipate a SELL OUT event - Space is Limited
Sigma Phi Epsilon Fraternity at KU
In 1923, a group known as Acomas, chartered the Kansas Gamma Chapter of Sigma Phi Epsilon Fraternity. Among the chartering members was Dr. James Naismith, the inventor of basketball. SigEp’s original chapter house was located at 1145 Indiana Street. In 1929, SigEp built what is today’s Delta Gamma House. A declining membership due to members serving their country during World War II, caused to SigEp lose their chapter house to the Delta Gamma sorority. When chapter members returned after the war, they lived briefly in the YMCA, and then at the “Brown Palace”. In 1949, SigEp moved into their new house, at its current location on Tennessee Street’s “Greek Row”.
Today, SigEp is one of the largest fraternities at the University of Kansas. SigEp has a strong tradition in KU’s Rock Chalk Revue, and is proud of its athletic and academic performance. Sigma Phi Epsilon encourages academic excellence with an aggressive undergraduate Scholarship Program, with awards ceremonies each semester.
Year after year, Sigma Phi Epsilon continues to Build Balanced Men.
To read more about SigEp, check out this article in the SigEp Journal.